Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Programs to help the helper

It is a good idea to have a plan on how to get people to my web site. I have been given ways to help this happen. The programs that come with a web store like mine are easy to understand, and fun to work with. My first program was one that helped a family get through a hard time. It did not get many people to shop, but I did make enough cash to give this family $110.. The idea was to appeal to friends and family on facebook who knew this family to help by purchasing items and sharing a portion of my earnings with this unfortunate family.

Mailing that check was one of the happiest days of my life. Knowing that I did indeed help someone with my business was the most uplifting feeling.
This is a feeling that will inspire me to seek ways to continue helping people while I help myself.

Today I extended an invitation to members of my family to take advantage of a 50% discount on all items in the store for one day.
I do not have a beneficiary for the 10% to go to, but when my family does shop I will ask my family who we should choose to give the 10% to after the shopping day is done. Hopefully this will create a tradition for my kin to do this on an annual basis.

The ten percent is a perpetual promis to help a worthy organization, family, or a needy situation.

Another program is a fundraiser that reaps a 50% share with no upfront costs to the organization.
This is truly a painless way for a school or a church to fund a program that might not exist without help that my plan would offers. Catalogs and gift cards go out into the community by students, the students show the catalogs with an assortment of great items to choose from.
Then the students offer gift cards for sale in $10., $25., and $50. denominations and recorded on an order form. The donor  gives donations to the student the student gives all the moneys and order forms to the bookkeeper of the fundraiser, the bookkeeper then sends me a check for 50% of the sale of the gift cards.

This is a program that should be very successful when I find an organization that will like my program enough to do business with me.

Along with coupon programs, and percentage discount programs and face to face selling as in a brick and mortar stores, swap meets, and bazaars, with a little work an online store could have real success.

                                       The desire to help will always be a part of who I am!

                                                               I need help doing it!

                     
There are many ideas to inspire the most discerning taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment