Ok! today is November 7 2011, and I gave my family their own day when they would get fifty percent off of all the merchandise in my store and not one purchase was made. I thought after all the good wishes from my cousins, that someone would buy something. Oh well. I guess the problems with the economy in our country really does work against small businesses. I heard the other day that 4 out 5 small businesses fail in the first four years. This does not make me happy. The testing of my metal will become apparent in less than four years if I don't get busy and make it happen.
I truly do believe that with persistence and a good attitude I will find the way into the minds and hearts of the web surfing public.
Yesterday I sent it my first letter soliciting my fundraising program to a manager of a fundraiser for a school in my city, and I am hoping with all my heart that this manager will take my program and run with it. I had a plan that if I donated $100. that she would know that I am serious about helping underfunded school programs, and my desire to help this school make more money.
Well! I'm sure that it will take a few days to get a response from her, but if I don't I will feel good about donating to a school where two of the students are children of a very good client of mine. As a matter of fact the money that I sent the school was sent on her behalf, because it was she who ask me if I knew how to do fundraisers. The woman who gave me the idea to get into this line of work
of course would be my entre into the schools attention to my letter. we will see.
At any rate that letter is the first of a campaign of communications to schools where I will know the mothers of the students in every school I will donate to.
I am hoping that the fact that someone in the school knows of my donations on behalf of the students family will get my programs for fundraising for the school working
.
If not at least I will have many charitable donations to claim on my taxes next year.
This type of attention getting may seem like cheating a bit, but if I don't succeed in getting my programs off the ground, it will be me who will be lying on the ground unable to stand because I will be starving and unable to stand.
No no! I will be fine as long as I can sell my stuff that I get for whole sale I will be able to eat and therefore stand on every corner and sell, sell, sell!
The cutting board in the bottom picture is one of my favorite pieces of merchandise in the store a picture is worth a thousand words, but the true beauty of this item is how much time and space it takes to uset. Very little of both!
www.nationalfundraiserhelper.com

No comments:
Post a Comment