Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The most influential character.

Naomi is a lovely lady who I met through my work as a hair stylist. For her privacy I will not tell you anymore about her than to say that the work she does in her professional life, is how these memories of mine have been dredged up from places, deep under piles of life's experiences. Like notes to myself on pieces of paper, unsorted or filed. Thrown into a shoe box with the idea that I would straighten this mess out when I had time to do it.
Well! Along came Naomi, who very skillfully removed the dust of time from each memory I had thrown into that messy heap, in the shoe box of my mind.
How many people, rich with memories, could reveal stories of their own lives. Notes to ourselves  thrown in our own mess, contained in their own shoe boxes.
The idea that someone is interested enough to ask probing questions, could create the interest in ones self to want to tell the story.
Naomi brought back the feeling of a father telling a fairytale to his daughter. It's all in the eyes of the child that spurs the storyteller on to create the unfolding plot. The widening of the eyes. Waiting for the next door to be opened, or the next corner turned.
After awhile one gets rapped up in the story, and to ones own amazement, years of memories turn into things that happened just yesterday. Right there.  Just waiting to be organized are all those memories.  Released to the ears of a beautiful wide eyed lady. Naomi had encouraged me to tell as much as I thought she could bare to hear. Life is not always a lovely tale to tell. What helped me through the murk and mire of events of things long past and hidden, you might ask?
Seeing myself as a character in a story.

Thinking of that person as someone other than myself.

Not being responsible for the things I did, just reading the pages in my mind as they presented themselves.

The ego is a terrible thing to waste.

If we stand back and watch ourselves, we can get an idea of who we really are.
The experiences we create while expressing who we truly are. The moments where we have to decide which way to go to complete our journey can not be a part of how I tell my life's story. In most cases that moment of choice has more to do with how the world has affected me at the time, than how I plan on affecting the world.
If we are true to ourselves we do the best we can with what we are given.
In looking back, the choices I made were decided when I would be given an opportunity to collect an experience that I could learn from.
Thinking at the time that I had made the right choices had less to do with what the consequence could be, than what lead to the consequence. The plan for me was that I would be given the reason for my existence by following the passion that my heart contained.
Of course having faith that my God would help me along the way, gave me the ability to walk the path I chose.
Life has been very good to me. Even though I may have done things that others might say were not smart. The richness that life has shown me, money could not buy.
The people I have met, the places I have gone are in my heart and mind. Continuing to give me pleasure and excitement, as I carry on.
Naomi!
Thank you for helping me organize my past.

Stories sponsored by www.americangiftresource.com The American Gift Resource.
Also www.nationalfundraiserhelper.com The National Fund Raiser Helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment